Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Calcots Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Calcots Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 108515

Site Number NJ26SE 73

NGR NJ 2558 6421

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/108515

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish St Andrews-lhanbryd
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ26SE 73 2558 6421

Calcots Station [NAT]

OS 1:10,560 map, 1972.

This intermediate station on the Cairnie Junction - Cullen - Elgin ('Moray Firth coast') line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened by that company on 12 August 1884. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 6 May 1968 [not 6 May 1963 as stated by Butt].

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 April 1999.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions