Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Morar, Railway Station And Post Office

Post Office (19-20th Century), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Morar, Railway Station And Post Office

Classification Post Office (19-20th Century), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Morar Station

Canmore ID 107813

Site Number NM69SE 10

NGR NM 6777 9291

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/107813

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Glenelg (Lochaber)
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NM69SE 10 6777 9291

This intermediate station on the Fort William (Mallaig Junction) - Mallaig line (the 'West Highland extension') of the former North British Rly was opened on 1 April 1901. It remains in regular passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 28 June 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

A photographic survey of Morar Station and Post Office was undertaken, by RCAHMS in July 1997. The purpose of this survey was to enhance and augment the existing National Monument Record Scotland holdings.

Visited by RCAHMS(MKO), July 1997.

Architecture Notes

Morar Station NBR

Opened 1.4.1901 (WHR)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions