Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kingairloch House

Hunting Lodge (20th Century)

Site Name Kingairloch House

Classification Hunting Lodge (20th Century)

Canmore ID 107176

Site Number NM85SW 3

NGR NM 8364 5309

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/107176

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Ardgour
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Argyll

Recording Your Heritage Online

Kingairloch House, 1964 -5, Tim Key Remodelling and drastic reduction of L. & J. Falconer's baronial shooting lodge of 1903 -4 at the head of Loch a' Choire, which itself was an extensive enlargement/remodelling for George Herbert Strutt (who bought Kingairloch and Glensanda in 1902) of a much older house. This old house of the Macleans of Kingairloch, known as Connach in the 18th century, had been enlarged in the early 19th century for James Forbes of Hutton Hall, Essex, owner of Kingairloch from 1800, and again, substantially, in 1888 -94 for John Bell, Sherriff of Carronvale, owner from 1888. A corrugated iron ballroom of c.1900 survives.

Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

Architect for Alterations: J G Falconer, Fort William.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions