Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Conon Bridge, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Conon Bridge, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Conon Station

Canmore ID 105464

Site Number NH55NW 64

NGR NH 5413 5501

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/105464

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Urquhart And Logie Wester
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NH55NW 64 5413 5501

For adjacent bridge over the river Conon, see NH55NW 32.

Conon Station. This intermediate station on the Inverness - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the (former) Highland Rly was opened (by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly) on 11 June 1862. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960, the line itself remaining in use.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions