Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Ardgour Parish Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Ardgour Parish Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Telford Church

Canmore ID 105316

Site Number NN06SW 8

NGR NN 01046 64181

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/105316

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Ardgour
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Argyll

Recording Your Heritage Online

Ardgour Parish Church, 1829 A variation on William Thomson's Tplan Parliamentary stereotype, being granite-fronted and rectangular, with a small vestry; interior fittings, 1931 . The minister, used to boat over from the Onich manse, which served both the parishes of North Ballachulish and Ardgour.

Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

Archaeology Notes

NN06SW 8.00 01046 64181

Ardgour Parish Church [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, September 2010.

NN06SW 8.01 NN 01067 64188 Churchyard

Telford church.

S Hackett and N Livingston 1984.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions