Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Avoch, Station

Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Site Name Avoch, Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Avoch, The Old Station; Avoch Station

Canmore ID 105190

Site Number NH65NE 14

NGR NH 6948 5538

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/105190

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Avoch
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NH65NE 14 6948 5538

This intermediate station on the Muir of Ord - Fortrose ('Black Isle') branch of the former Highland Rly was opened on 1 February 1894, and closed to regular passenger traffic (with the branch as a whole) on 1 October 1951.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 16 May 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions