Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Achiltibuie, Village Hall

Drill Hall (First World War), Village Hall (19-20th Century), War Memorial (20th Century)

Site Name Achiltibuie, Village Hall

Classification Drill Hall (First World War), Village Hall (19-20th Century), War Memorial (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) War Memorial Roll Of Honour

Canmore ID 104585

Site Number NC00NW 54

NGR NC 0283 0775

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/104585

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Lochbroom
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (18 July 2013)

The Achiltibuie drill hall is a simple timber building, once used as village hall and now used as a piping school. The National Records of Scotland have a plan (RHP34721) showing a proposed extension in 1913. In 1914 the hall was the drill station for "E" Squadron, Lovat Scouts.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 18 July 2013.

Activities

Aerial Photography (2 September 1994)

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions