Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Clunes Station

Railway Station (19th Century) - (20th Century)

Site Name Clunes Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century) - (20th Century)

Canmore ID 104190

Site Number NH54NE 50

NGR NH 55828 46307

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/104190

Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2024.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Kirkhill
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH54NE 50 558 463

Grid Ref: 558 463

Source: O/S 1:10,000 Map, 1966.

Opened 1864; closed 13.6.1960

Station opened after line opened 11.6.1862.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the former Highland Rly. was opened in 1864 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly [not the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. as stated by Butt]. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960, the line itself remaining in use.

Innformation from RCAHMS (RJCM), 7 November 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions