Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Crianlarich, Fillan Viaduct

Railway Viaduct (19-20th Century)

Site Name Crianlarich, Fillan Viaduct

Classification Railway Viaduct (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Crianlarich No. 2; River Fillan

Canmore ID 103536

Site Number NN32NE 32

NGR NN 3850 2550

NGR Description NN 3850 2550 to NN 3851 2556

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/103536

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Killin
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN32NE 32 3850 2550 to 3851 2556

This viaduct was built by Formans & McCall of Glasgow (engineers), Lucas & Aird of London (contractors) and Alexander Findlay & Co of Motherwell (steelworkers) to carry the West Highland Rly (a subsidiary of the North British Rly) across the River Fillan; it opened on 11 August 1894, and remains in use. It is of lattice girder type and its 63 yd (57.6m) length comprises five spans of 35 ft (10.6m).

M Smith 1994.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions