Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

St Monance, Station Road, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name St Monance, Station Road, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) St Monans; St Monan's Station; St Monance Station

Canmore ID 100713

Site Number NO50SW 252

NGR NO 5237 0192

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/100713

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Monance
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO50SW 252 5237 0192

Opened 1861: closed 6.9.1965.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This intermediate station on the Thornton Junction - Leven - Crail - Leuchars Junction ('Fife coast') line of the former North British Railway was opened (as St Monance station) by the Leven and East of Fife Rly on 1 September 1863. It was renamed St Monan's Station by the same company in October 1875 but resumed the original name in February 1936. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the St Andrews - Leven portion of the line) on 6 September 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 20 August 2001.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions