Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Rutherford Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Rutherford Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 100295

Site Number NT63SE 53

NGR NT 65501 30846

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/100295

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Maxton
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Ettrick And Lauderdale
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Accessing Scotland's Past Project

Rutherford Station was one of two railway stations within the parish of Maxton. It was an intermediate station on the St Boswells to Kelso line, which was opened by the North British Railway in 1850, and was closed to all traffic in 1968.

The 1st edition of the 6-inch map of Roxburghshire, which was published in the 1870s, shows a row of buildings, probably including the station, to the south of the railway, none of which evidently survive.

Text prepared by RCAHMS as part of the Accessing Scotland's Past project

Architecture Notes

NT63SE

654 308

Station opened June 1851

Station closed 15/06/64

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions