Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Priorwood Cottage

Cottage (19th Century)

Site Name Priorwood Cottage

Classification Cottage (19th Century)

Canmore ID 100233

Site Number NT53SW 118

NGR NT 54814 34099

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/100233

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Melrose
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Ettrick And Lauderdale
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Archaeology Notes

NT53SW 118 54814 34099

structural remains, the impact of a proposed development seems unlikely to compromise any such remains. No archaeology was present at the levels investigated in May 2002, revealing a sequence of modern activity, topsoil and subsoil. (AOC 3834).

Archive to be deposited in the NMRS.

Sponsor: R G Licence.

T Steven 2002

Architecture Notes

NT53SW 118 54814 34099

NT58SW 118.01 c. 5484 3406 Walled garden

NMRS REFERENCE

Non-Guardianship Sites Plan Collection, DC/28262 to DC28268, 1944 and 1987.

Activities

Reference (February 2013 - February 2013)

Priorwood Cottage was built ca. 1875 and is a two storey building with a gable end to Abbey Street. It is built of coursed, squared rubble with stugged dressings and has a slate roof.

It is currently used as a National Trust for Scotland shop and information centre.

Information from NTS

Sbc Note

Visibility: This is an upstanding building.

Information from Scottish Borders Council.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions