Burial Enclosures
Date 1 July 2014
Event ID 978912
Category Management
Type Site Management
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/978912
Two burial enclosures to the North of St Clement's Parish Church.
East enclosure - St Clement's Ailse: roofless remainder of the former parish church constructed 1510, replaced in 1799-1800 by the current George Burn church. Built up arches to South, North and East Elevations. The South elevation once opened to the medieval church, and lies a 15th century graveslab. To the South wall a late 18th century monument to the Mackenzies of Fairburn.
West enclosure: low wall with fat balusters, pediment over lugged-architraved entrance, circa 1700 (Gifford)
Go to BARR website