Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Gaelic Chapel

Date 24 October 2013

Event ID 965806

Category Management

Type Site Management

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/965806

Symmetrical rectangular church roofless, with long north and south elevations.

Date stone inscribed ERECTED BY GEORGE ROSS ESQ ANNO DOMNI

1783. Built at sole expense of George Ross of Cromarty for the influx of Gaelic speaking people who came to English speaking Cromarty to work as a result of the Highland Clearances. (Historic Scotland)

People and Organisations

References