Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Build

Date 1966

Event ID 934428

Category Building History

Type Build

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/934428

By 1966 the lack of a road so troubled Arnish crofter Calum Macleod that he decided to build one himself using a copy of Aitken’s Road-making and

Maintenance (1900).

R Paxton and J Shipway, 2007.

Reproduced from 'Civil Engineering heritage: Scotland - Highlands and Islands' with kind permission from Thomas Telford Publishers.

People and Organisations

References