Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Summary Record
Date 15 February 2012
Event ID 884515
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Summary Record
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/884515
Dunn and Findlay, 1899-1901. Opened 1901. Grand building making the most of its corner site with large second floor windows into the main hall facing onto Earl Gray Street, attractive carved details and copper coloured dome. The ground floor shops were always designed to supply a rental income. The interior houses high quality period details in the use of tiles, stained glass and copper door furniture. The balcony level was partitioned in 1936 by Maclennan and Cunningham.
Following the merger of a number of Methodist congregations in the city, the Methodist Central Hall was sold to the Morningside Baptist Church in 2011.
RCAHMS (CAJS) 2012.