Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 862910

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NJ02NE 61 NJ 0686 2697

Nothing is visible of this farmstead, which stood in what is now a field of rough pasture. Two roofed buildings, probably a dwelling and an outbuilding, are depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Elginshire 1874, sheet XXXIII), but they are not shown on the 2nd edition of the map (1905, sheet XXXIII.NW).

Feabuie is recorded in the Ordnance Survey Name Book (Elginshire No. 5, p.203) as a name 'applied to five croft houses; they are all one storey high, thatched and in indifferent condition. Property of the Earl of Seafield'.

Visited by RCAHMS (JRS) 28 September 2006.

People and Organisations