Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 844949

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/844949

NX46SE 34 45098 63417

Station House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1978.

Palnure Station is no longer in use as such with the closure of the Paddy Line in the Beeching railway cuts in 1960s. It has now been converted into a private residence called Station House.

Information from RCAHMS (LKFJ), April 2002.

This intermediate station on the Castle Douglas - Stranraer 'Port Road' of the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Rly was opened by that company on 1 July 1861. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 7 May 1951, the line as a whole remaining open until 14 June 1965.

This station is depicted (but noted) on the 1993 edition of the OS 1:10,000 map.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 26 July 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations

References