Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 806444

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/806444

NS66SW 347 6380 6024

A few scattered thatched houses SW of the village of Cambuslang; Cots is the original mode of spelling.

Name Book 1864. (Book No. 7, 20)

A village, comprising tweleve roofed buildings, one of which is annotated 'Lodge', one unroofed structure and fifteen enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Lanarkshire 1864, sheet xi). A post war housing estate is shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1980).

Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 20 August 2000.

People and Organisations

References