Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 790950

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/790950

NX86SW 39.01 8305 6156

This intermediate station on the Dumfries - Stranraer 'Port Road' of the former Glasgow and South-Western Rly was opened on 7 November 1859 by the Castle Douglas and Dumfries Rly. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 14 June 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 December 1998.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations

References