Archaeology Notes
Event ID 773686
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Archaeology Notes
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/773686
NT18NE 56 19073 85408
(Location cited as NT 192 853). Aberdour Station, opened 1890 by the North British Rly. A two-platform through station with the main officies in a one-storey and attic snecked-rubble building on the up side, with an awning supported on cast-iron columns. The down-platform buildng is a small rubble structure.
J R Hume 1976.
This intermediate station on the Inverkeithing-Kirkcaldy section of the Edinburgh-Aberdeen (main) line of the (former) North British Rly was opened on 2 June 1890 and remains in regular passenger use by trains using the 'Fife Circle' route. The station closed to goods traffic in May 1964, and is noted for its floral display.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 20 March 1998.
B Williams 1988; R V J Butt 1995.