Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Architecture Notes
Event ID 770790
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Architecture Notes
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/770790
Architect: Thomas Brown 1851 - proposed alterations
Further alterations; c1908, 1982, c1985
The Star Hotel was demolished to make way for the Edinburgh Hotel
REFERENCE:
Scottish Record Office:
RHP 5591 Thomas Brown 1851 - plan and section of proposed alterations to 33 Princes Street
The Scottish Architect, September 1938, page 31 - Burberry Birds are Jays.
REFERENCE:
Sources: Dean of Guild Bundle 1807 June-December 11.6.1807
Pet. John Cameron - connion taylor
36 Princes St - minor alteration - shop front
Plan and elevation unsigned
Sources: Dean of Guild Bundle 1807 June-December 9.7.1807
Pet John Moncrieff - apothecary and druggist
33 Princes St
Alteration to shop front
Plan and elevation
Also on 13.8.1807
Sources: Dean of Guild Bunel 1808 January-May 14.4.1808
Pet. James McLean (Capt) [PO Directory 1807. "Capt of the 94th House - St Bernard Row]
34 Princes St
Minor alteration - into shop front
Elevation and plan unsigned
Sources: Dean of Guild Bundle 1808 June-December 18.8.1808
Pet. John Strachan, merchant
35 Princes St
Bounded on west by property of Mr Hamilton
Plan and elevation enclosed
Sources: Dean of Guild Bundle 1808 June-December 15.9.1808
Pet. John Lindsay
37 Princes St
Alterations - shop front
Plan, simple and elevation
Sources: Dean of Guild. Bundle 1810. 18.10.1810.
Pet. Captain James McLean.
34 Princes Street.
To open sunk storey as a shop.
Plan & elevation encl.