Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 765336

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/765336

NJ24NE 28 2914 4534

This bridge was one of three major river crossings on the Craigellachie-Nethy Bridge section of the Speyside line of the Great North of Scotland Rly, which opened on 1 July 1863. The line closed completely on 4 November 1968, this bridge was subsequently demolished.

M Smith 1994.

This bridge formerly carried the Elgin-Craigellachie branch line of the Great North of Scotland Rly. across the River Spey, which here formed the boundary between the parishes of Aberlour (Banff) and Rothes (Moray).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 11 June 1996.

People and Organisations

References