Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Architecture Notes

Event ID 762916

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/762916

REFERENCE:

When this was demolished in 1764, the clock was removed and placed on the Orphans' Hospital, then situated near the Western end of Trinity College Church. When the Hospital was removed in 1845 to make way for the Railway, the clock was preserved and placed in the pediment between the towers of the present Orphans' Hospital in the Dean.

REFERENCE: NATIONAL LIBRARY OF SCOTLAND

Scots Magazine 1764 p.432

People and Organisations

References