Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Architecture Notes

Event ID 760111

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes


Viewforth, St Oswald's Parish Church.

ARCHITECT: Henry F Kerr.

The church was erected in Montpelier Place in 1900. It was given QS Status on 8th March 1907 and a parish of its own. After the union of 1957 it became Viewforth St Oswald's. The minister of Viewforth became minister of the united charge and both sets of buildings were used for worship until 27th October 1963. The Oswald's buildings were then sold and used by the Education Authority.

After 1973 Viewforth (St David's and St Oswald's) and Viewforth united and a new minister was ordained and inducted to the united charge. The St David's Viewforth buildings were sold and then demolished. The Viewforth St Oswald's buildings were used by the united congregation. In 1981 the name was changed to Viewforth.

People and Organisations