Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 753663

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/753663

NM46NE 4 centred 479 689

Cruck-slots noted.

G Stell 1981

A crofting township comprising three unroofed, seventeen roofed buildings, six enclosures, one of which is annotated as a Sheepfold, an area of plots or crofts [NM 478 688] and three field-systems (NM 472 690, NM 478 683 and NM 474 692) is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1876, sheet xiv). Fifteen unroofed, two roofed buildings, two enclosures, and the remains of the plots and field-systems are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 16 April 1998

People and Organisations

References