Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 740017

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NJ55NE 8.00 58903 57142

NJ55NE 8.01 NJ 5845 5701 Kennels Cottage

NJ55NE 8.02 NJ 58862 57516 Lodge and Gatepiers

NJ55NE 8.03 NJ 58706 57211 Park Home Farm

NJ 589 571 A watching brief was maintained in January 2003 while two small squares were excavated in the ground floor of the W wing of the building, now known as Castle of Park, in order to insert new roof supports. The mansion originated in 1292, was rebuilt as a Z-plan tower house in 1563, was extended in 1723, and again in the 19th century. A small section of stone flag flooring was uncovered in the square on the S side of the room, which pre-dated the 19th-century extension. No other archaeological features or finds were evident.

Archive to be deposited in the NMRS.

Sponsor: Mr Bill Breckon.

J C Murray 2003

People and Organisations