Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 728361

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/728361

NX97NW 13 c. 93 79

A socketed iron spearhead, 8 inches long, found at Cluden Mill, was donated to the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland (NMAS) on 8th April 1861 by Mr John Douglas (Not found in NMAS).

Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1863.

It remains unclear whether this discovery was made in Holywood or Kirpatrick Irongray parish. East Cluden Mill (NX97NW 37.00) lies to the NE of the Cluden Water (at NX 94163 79343) and within Holywood parish, while West Cluden Mill (NX97NW 102.00) lies to the S of the river (at NX 93990 79381), and within Kirkpatrick Irongray parish.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 31 August 2009.

People and Organisations

References