Archaeology Notes
Event ID 722990
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Archaeology Notes
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/722990
NT96SW 75 94399 63951
NMRS REFERENCE:
Station opened 13/4/1891 (Eyemouth Railway): closed 05/02/1962.
(Undated) information in NMRS.
This station was the terminal station of the Eyemouth branch (from Burnmouth) of the former North British Rly, and also the only station on the branch. It was opened (by the Eyemouth Rly) on 13 April 1891 but closed (on account of damage caused by flooding of the Eye Water) on 13 august 1848. It reopened on 29 June 1949 but was closed to regular passenger traffic (with the branch as a whole) on 5 February 1962.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 5 January 2000.
J Thomas 1971; G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.