Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 714179

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/714179

NT27SE 224 26047 73736 removed from NT 2599 7393 and 2605 7388

For original location (NT 2599 7393 and 2605 7388), see NT27SE 37.

Trinity College Church (NT27SE 37) was demolished in 1848, each stone being numbered as it was intended to rebuilt the structure. However, the stones lay dormant for years in Regent Road and only a small number, comprising the apse (this part only listed and scheduled) and part of the choir were used in constructing the hall of the new Trinity Church on this site, begun in 1872 and opened in 1877.

W F Gray 1940; RCAHMS 1951; R Butchart 1959; A T Simpson, S Stevenson and N Holmes 1981.

People and Organisations

References