Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 706158

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NS77NE 37 7641 7600.

The medieval chapel of Cumbernauld was ruinous by 1649 when it was extensively repaired to serve as the church of the newly formed parish of Easter Lenzie (now Cumbernauld). An additional wing (bearing the date 1659) was subsequently built on the N, and in the late 18th century a second storey was added.

RCAHMS 1982, visited January 1982; New Statistical Account (NSA) 1845; H B Millar 1968; 1980

People and Organisations