Architecture Notes
Event ID 661313
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Architecture Notes
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/661313
British Railways Records Office, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh
Railway Magazine Sept. 1951 - article & photograph
NH64NE 139 6710 4560
It was noted on the date of visit that the engine shed was used until the summer of 1961 and was demolished thereafter. A large number of machine tools relating to the service and repair of loocomotives were dumped in the turntable pit and backfilled with rubble from the demolished building. The site is now occupied by a cattle market.
Information gathered by RCAHMS (Graham J Douglas) from Mr Adam Sutherland, a former train driver, on 11 April 1985.