Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Treasured Places
Date 20 July 2007
Event ID 546270
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Treasured Places
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/546270
In 1723 work commenced on the construction of Mavisbank House, the design resulting from collaboration between the owner, Sir John Clerk of Penicuik, and the architect William Adam. Built in the classical style, the main house is linked by screen walls to flanking pavilions. A fire in 1973 destroyed the roof and the house is currently a shell.
Information from RCAHMS (SC) 20 July 2007
McWilliam, C 1978