Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Date 14 August 2017

Event ID 1025152

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Note


The RCAHMS (RCAHMS 1933) incorrectly records Duniface Hill as ‘Dunipace’. ‘Dunniface’ or ‘Duniface’ are the names recorded in the OS Name Book and on the corresponding 1st edition of the 6-inch map (Fife 1856, xxiv). Duniface is also the name given to a farmstead lying to the SE of the hill. John Ainslie’s 1775 map of the County of Fife is annotated with ‘Dinnyface’.

Information from HES Survey and Recording (LMcC), 14 August 2017

People and Organisations