Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Publication Account

Date 2009

Event ID 1019798

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Publication Account

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1019798

In 1774 an aqueduct (Category A-listed, fig 29.5) was built to carry the canal over the Luggie; later it would also carry the Campsie Branch railway (fig 29). It has been described as a handsome construction of solid masonry with wide arches spanning the river.

Information from ‘The Scottish Burgh Survey, Historic Kilsyth: Archaeology and Development’ (2009).

People and Organisations

References