Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Publication Account

Date 1999

Event ID 1019316

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Publication Account


The small village school proved too little for the growing population; and, in 1827, a new school was built by public subscription. The Old School House, standing half way up The Brae, once housed the school pupils on the ground floor and the master and his family above. The old school bell which called the children to school hangs above the southerly entrance.

Information from ‘Historic North Queensferry and the Peninsula: The Archaeological Implications of Development’ (1999).

People and Organisations