Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Publication Account
Date 1981
Event ID 1018303
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Publication Account
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1018303
The Cross Well was built in 1535 and suffered damage during the Cromwellian occupation. It was repaired in 1659 but in 1807 a copy of the original was installed (Powell, 1974, 9). The Cross Well was badly damaged by a runaway lorry in 1972 and was removed for repairs. Parts of it are wholly modern.
Information from ‘Historic Linlithgow: The Archaeological Implications of Development’ (1981).