Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Note

Date 29 June 2016

Event ID 1011950

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Note

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1011950

The former Anti Aircraft Operations Room (AAOR), situated about 300m NE of Craigiehall House, was built about 1953-4 to co-ordinate anti aircraft guns in the Forth and Rosyth Gun Defended Area (GDA). The AAOR was only operational until 1956 when the system of air defence was abandoned in the face of rapidly developing radar, missile technology and supersonic planes. The building which retains much of the original layout has been used as a training centre.

Information from Historic Environment Scotland (AKK) 29 June 2016

People and Organisations

References