Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Field Visit

Date 20 May 2015

Event ID 1009097

Category Recording

Type Field Visit

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1009097

This abandoned oil fuel depot on the N bank of the River Clyde comprises a deep water berth, a concrete jetty and what is now an area of waste ground. Overall, the complex once extended up the hill and over the main line railway as far as Dunnotter Cemetery. The depot was built in 1918 as part of a major project to ensure the supply of oil to both sides of the country and it included a pipeline from Grangemouth. The depot closed in 1982.

Visited by RCAHMS (AGCH) 20 May 2015.

People and Organisations

References