Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from NW showing locomotive no 67628 departing station

SC 796387

Description View from NW showing locomotive no 67628 departing station

Date 7/1962

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 796387

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Queen Street Station, West George Street, Glasgow, from west-north-west This view from the west-north-west was taken in July 1962, and shows the goods station built in 1878-80, to the east of the passenger platforms. The locomotive is a former suburban tank engine, displaced by electrification. On the left is a seven-storeyed grain store, built in 1878. This goods station, including the grain store, was swept away in the mid-1960s to make way for a station car park. Part of the walls of the grain store have been retained as boundary walls for the car park. Queen Street Station was opened in 1842 by the Edinburgh & Glasgow Railway, and rebuilt and extended by the North British Railway in 1878-80. It was rebuilt again by British Railways in the 1960s, retaining the overall roof of 1880. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference CT255

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/796387

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 796387) View from NW showing locomotive no 67628 departing station

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions