Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Canna, Church of Scotland. View from NW. Digital image of C 45210 CN

SC 794193

Description Canna, Church of Scotland. View from NW. Digital image of C 45210 CN

Date 6/1994

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 794193

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 45210 CN

Scope and Content Church of Scotland and burial ground, Canna, Highland, from north-west To the right is the Church of Scotland on Canna. Built in 1913, it was designed by Peter MacGregor Chalmers (1859-1911) for Allan G Thom, in memory of his father, Robert Thom, laird of Canna between 1881and 1911. The burial-ground around the church is surrounded by a stone wall. The only headstone in the graveyard is in memory of Allan G Thom and his wife, Mary Cameron. Canna is one of the most westerly of the Small Isles and is situated to the north-west of Rhum. The island is low-lying and is a mixture of fertile ground, bog and moorland. In 1981 Canna was gifted to The National Trust for Scotland by Dr J L Campbell. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/794193

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions