Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Canna, Church of Scotland. Church gate from W. Digital image of C 45206 CN

SC 794192

Description Canna, Church of Scotland. Church gate from W. Digital image of C 45206 CN

Date 6/1994

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 794192

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 45206 CN

Scope and Content Church of Scotland, Canna, Highland, from west The church is situated close to the pier and looks across Canna Harbour. Dating to 1913 it is built of random rubble, and has a stone roof. The windows are narrow and pointed, and there is a round tower on the west gable (seen here), with a conical roof. The wrought-iron gate in the west wall of the burial-ground was presented by Mr Wallace Menzies in the 1960s. It consists of an oval central panel in which there is an outline of the cross. There are two other panels, one of which is decorated with birds, the other with fishes. Canna is one of the most westerly of the Small Isles and is situated to the north-west of Rhum. The island is low-lying and is a mixture of fertile ground, bog and moorland. In 1981 Canna was gifted to The National Trust for Scotland by Dr J L Campbell. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/794192

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions