Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Canna, Church of Scotland: aerial view. Digital image of C 40390 CN

SC 794154

Description Canna, Church of Scotland: aerial view. Digital image of C 40390 CN

Date 2/9/1994

Collection RCAHMS Aerial Photography

Catalogue Number SC 794154

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 40390 CN

Scope and Content Aerial view of Church of Scotland, Canna, Highland The Church of Scotland was built in 1913 for Allan G Thom in memory of his father, Robert Thom, laird of Canna between 1881and 1911. Designed by Peter MacGregor Chalmers (1859-1922) the church is situated within a stone-walled burial-ground. Canna House can be seen towards the top of the image. It is set back from the road and surrounded by trees. The long white house on the road by the shore was the first laird's house and when built, it had two storeys. Canna is one of the most westerly of the Small Isles and is situated to the north-west of Rhum. The island is low-lying and is a mixture of fertile ground, bog and moorland. In 1981 Canna was gifted to The National Trust for Scotland by Dr J L Campbell. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/794154

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 177) RCAHMS Aerial Photography

Sub-Group Level (551 177/19) 1994 Photographs

>> Item Level (SC 794154) Canna, Church of Scotland: aerial view. Digital image of C 40390 CN

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions