Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from ESE showing ESE and SSW fronts of signal box

SC 777956

Description View from ESE showing ESE and SSW fronts of signal box

Date 25/3/1971

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 777956

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Signal box, Insch Station, Aberdeenshire This shows the signal box, on the Aberdeen-bound platform, from the south-east, seen from an Aberdeen-Inverness diesel multiple-unit train. The building is constructed of wood, and controls the level crossing in the background as well as the station signalling. This line was resignalled in the 1980s with radio signalling, and this box was eliminated. The level crossing is now of the remotely-operated barrier type. The adjacent station building has, however been retained. Insch Station was originally opened in 1854 by the Great North of Scotland Railway as part of its line from Aberdeen to Huntly. It was one of three passing places on the single-track line. The doubling of the line reached Insch in 1888, when this signal box was presumably constructed. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/71/18/11

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/777956

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 777956) View from ESE showing ESE and SSW fronts of signal box

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions