Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from SE showing ESE and SSW fronts of up platform building

SC 777955

Description View from SE showing ESE and SSW fronts of up platform building

Date 25/3/1971

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 777955

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Insch Station, Aberdeenshire This shows the building on the Aberdeen-bound platform from the south-east, seen from an Aberdeen-Inverness diesel multiple-unit train. The building is built of granite, with a harled finish to the front. Note the old van body on the right, used as a store. This line was resignalled in the 1980s, with radio signalling, and the signal box seen on the left in this view was eliminated. The station building has, however, been retained. This station was originally opened in 1854 by the Great North of Scotland Railway as part of its line from Aberdeen to Huntly. It was one of three passing places on the single-track line. The doubling of the line reached Insch in 1888, when the station building in this view was constructed. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/71/18/12

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/777955

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 777955) View from SE showing ESE and SSW fronts of up platform building

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions