Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from SW showing WSW front of main block with part of W wing in foreground

SC 765915

Description View from SW showing WSW front of main block with part of W wing in foreground

Date 14/8/1970

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 765915

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Killochan Station, South Ayrshire This shows the main building from the south-west. The two-storeyed English Arts and Crafts section incorporated a dwelling house, which was still in use in 1970, and the single-storeyed wing contained the waiting rooms. Killochan served a scattered rural community, and the main reason for its construction was probably its proximity to Killochan Castle, a late medieval tower-house extended to form a mansion house. The station building has now been demolished. This station is on the Ayr & Girvan Railway, which opened in 1860. Like Cassillis on the same line, the main building was rebuilt in about 1900. The station had been closed for some years by 1970, but the southbound platform and its building remained intact. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/70/47/38

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/765915

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 765915) View from SW showing WSW front of main block with part of W wing in foreground

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions