Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view from West. Digital image of B 57254 CN.

SC 701361

Description General view from West. Digital image of B 57254 CN.

Date 8/1990

Catalogue Number SC 701361

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 57254 CN

Scope and Content View from west of Brantwoode, No 4 Munro Drive West, Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute Brantwoode, a two-storeyed, asymmetrical villa was built in 1895 to designs by architect William Leiper (1839-1916). The house is built from red sandstone with red tile hangings and has mock half-timbered details in the Arts and Crafts/Old English style. This shows the house with its canted ground-floor window adjacent to a small window (right) which lights an inglenook fireplace within. The mullioned (fitted with stone divisions) window has finely leaded glass. The tile-hung upper storey has leaded glass windows. Mock half-timbering fills the gable below barge-boarded eaves. This villa retains many original interior features, such as fine fire surrounds, wall treatments, metalwork, panelling and service areas including a kitchen and laundry with fold-down bath. The ground floor plan of the villa includes an inter-connecting library, lounge and dining room and there are similarly connected bedrooms on the first floor. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/701361

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions