Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior - view of office/meeting room (Clyde Navigation Trust)

SC 696478

Description Interior - view of office/meeting room (Clyde Navigation Trust)

Date 1909

Collection Bedford Lemere and Company

Catalogue Number SC 696478

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of BL 20415/2

Scope and Content Chairman's Office, the Clyde Navigation Trust (now the Clyde Port Authority) Building, No 16 Robertson Street, Glasgow The headquarters of the Clyde Navigation Trust were designed in 1882-6 by the architect, Sir John James Burnet, and later extended in 1905-8. The architectural photographer, Harry Bedford Lemere, was commissioned to photograph the interior in 1909. The design of the room, with its leather furniture, heraldic stained glass and brass light fitting, is splendidly rich. The walls are panelled in walnut and banded in a 17th-century style. A contemporary telephone sits on the desk at the window. The Clyde Navigation Trust had responsibility for the shipping, cargoes, berthage, pilots and docks on the River Clyde. In the early 20th century it rivalled Glasgow Town Council in power and influence, and its headquarters were of comparable grandeur. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/696478

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Bedford Lemere and Company Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions