Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view

SC 683594

Description General view

Date 1909

Collection Bedford Lemere and Company

Catalogue Number SC 683594

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of BL 20578

Scope and Content Materia Medica and Physiology Department Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow, from the south-east The Materia Medica and Physiology Department Building was built as the result of a competition won by the Glasgow architect, James Miller, in 1907. This photograph of the exterior was taken in 1909 by the architectural photographer, Harry Bedford Lemere. This huge building steps westward down the slope from the main campus buildings on Gilmorehill. It was built in a Scottish Renaissance style somewhat reminiscent of the university's former 17th-century Old College buildings in High Street. Materia Medica, built by Glasgow University at the turn of the 20th century as the Gilmorehill campus began to expand rapidly westwards, was further extended by the addition of the Biochemistry Building to the east in 1963. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/683594

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Bedford Lemere and Company Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions