View from ENE showing NE and SE fronts of main station building
SC 648789
Description View from ENE showing NE and SE fronts of main station building
Date 16/4/1965
Collection Papers of Professor John R Hume, economic and industrial historian, Glasgow, Scotland
Catalogue Number SC 648789
Category On-line Digital Images
Scope and Content Lochwinnoch Station, Renfrewshire This station was opened in 1905 by the Glasgow & South Western Railway as part of a loop line from Dalry to North Johnstone, built to cope with growing coal and traffic on the original main line, which had opened in 1840. This shows the station from the north-east. The island platform allowed a single building to serve trains running on two lines. The simply detailed building was built of timber as an economy measure. This line was closed to passengers in 1966, and the station demolished. The original Lochwinnoch Station on the 1840 line, latterly known as Lochside, was renamed Lochwinnoch, and still serves the village. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
External Reference H35/65/8/35
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/648789
File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap
Attribution: © Copyright: HES (Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume)
Licence Type: Permission Required
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]